Volunteering at Aullwood Main Page
Ways to Volunteer
We're so glad you've opened our volunteer page. We hope you will be able to join our volunteer team. Please read our basic guidelines before completing the on-line Application.
Are you ready to volunteer at Aullwood?
Many of Aullwood's volunteer positions require a minimal commitment of one year, based on the needs of each position. (Go to the Ways to Volunteer page to read about each volunteer position's requirement.)
- Special Event/Festival and Citizen Science volunteers are not required to undergo a background check.
- Operations volunteers must be 18 or older and be able to pass a criminal background check.
- You do not need to make a yearly commitment to volunteer for Special Event/Festival and Citizen Science programs.
- Summer and Winter Earth Adventure Assistants may be 14 or older; assistants age 18 and older must pass a criminal background check.
- There are also limited opportunities for parents/grandparents to volunteer with their children/grandchildren at some of our Special Event/Festivals.
- Aullwood does offer some opportunities for high school or college students needing service learning volunteer hours.
- Aullwood does not offer opportunities for people needing to fulfill community service hours (court-ordered restitution) other than youth offenders referred by Englewood Courts.
Download an Application, complete the form and email it to Aullwood's Volunteer Coordinator or mail it to Volunteer Program, 1000 Aullwood Road, Dayton, OH 45414.
(Document is in .PDF format. You can download Adobe Reader here for free.)
Questions? Email or call the Volunteer Office at (937) 890-7360, ext. 14. We look forward to hearing from you.