Audubon at Home
> Bird Watching
> Other Resources
We hope this guide has been helpful and has encouraged you to start, continue, or improve your birding. However, we could only pack so much information into these pages, and there is a myriad of great resources out there to help you fine tune your skills. Here are a few of our favorites:
- National Audubon Society Birding Handbook, Stephen Kress. If you are new to birding, start here. There are excellent chapters on identification, habitat, recording your sightings, and much more.
- Sibley's Birding Basics, David Sibley
- Sibley Guide to Bird Life and Behavior, David Sibley
- Pete Dunne on Bird Watching, Pete Dunne
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology: An excellent resource for information about birds and conservation.
- American Birding Conservancy
- Partners In Flight
- American Birding Association: Terrific publications and sources of information, and also holds conferences.
- Birdingonthe.net: A major resource for on-line chat and news.